Hi everyone!!! I’m officially back to blogging. My vacation was great. Two weeks usually doesn’t seem like a long time, but this vacation felt like it stretched on forever! It’s great to be back home and I definitely wasted no time getting back to eating American food!
… And I definitely missed my bookshelf!
Me, on the left, with my best friend swimming and feeding with the fish.
I definitely read a lot more than I hoped to in the last two weeks. Initially, I was worried that I didn’t download enough ebooks from the NYPL, but once I was in the Philippines, I had to remind myself to read. Luckily, traffic is so horrible in Manila, I would have hours to read while I sat in traffic.
Books Read While On Vacation:
- Once A Cowboy by Linda Warren
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst
- Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
- Laird of the Mist by Paula Quinn
- Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs
- Split by Swati Avasthi
- All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Reviews will definitely be written for all these books. Some have already been posted!
Books I Never Got to Read:
- Half Blood by Jennifer L Armentrout – Definitely still reading this one though. It’s towards the top of my ARC pile.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella – I started reading this on my nook but I just wasn’t feeling the narration of the first few pages. I don’t think I’ll be picking this one up again in the near future.
- Flyaway by Helen Landalf – I was definitely planning on reading this one and I couldn’t believe I forgot to put it on my nook!!! Also, towards the top of my ARC TBR pile.
How was Drink Slay Love? I started it, but stopped after a few pages in. Does it get better?
Also. Welcome back! You were missed.
Thanks! <3 I did actually enjoy Drink Slay Love. It was really silly, and I didn't think I was going to like it initially but I ended up liking it quite a bit.
Whee Cialina! That looks like so much fun — I’m legit jealous. Everything all teal and bubbly…
I’m eager to hear how Split and All These Things I’ve Done are — really looking forward to your reviews!
Haha yeah, it was fun.
Lore’s review of Split is already up. I, unfortunately, won’t be writing on for it.
I just finished All These Things I’ve Done and I really liked it! Can’t wait to hear your take on it.
Welcome back, Cialina! IceyPick’s redesign it missed your pretty design this month
I really want to read Drink, Slay, Love, I’m practically dying to get my hands on an ARC!
Ah! I was so tempted to try and make a cover while I was away but I was just way too busy.
I got to read it through S&S’s Galley Grab! I hope you get to read it soon.
Ooh, great list! It’s a bummer you didn’t get to Half-Blood, though; I really liked that one!
I’m reading All These Things I’ve Done right now! Looking forward to hearing what you think! =)
I finally got a chance to pick up Half-Blood. Currently reading it and really enjoying it so far.
Thanks for stopping by Lauren.
Do you own Drink, Slay, Love? Forgot to ask.
Nope. I read it through Galley Grab. I forwarded you the email, right?
Ooh, can’t wait to hear what you think of All These Things I’ve Done. That cover makes me hungry And i hope you liked Split! *fangirls* just a wee bit
LOL! Yeah, I definitely thought about chocolate the whole time I read it. And mac and cheese, actually. The main character cooked it A LOT.
I really liked Split!
Welcome back, what a fun photo!
I’ve read one Sophie Kinsella novel (Can You Keep A Secret?) and, ugh, we did not get along. It was annoying, lol.
Wow! Awesome vacation picture. Looks like you had a great time. And you got a lot of reading done. Excellent.
P.S. Your new web page design is so pretty. Love it.