A weekly meme on the books on the top of my list to read and books recently acquired, borrowed, or bought. Inspired by the Story Siren’s In My Mailbox.
Top of the Shelf
What’s next on my to-read list for the upcoming week. It’s internship week, but I’m still going to go for an adventurous five books for the week. To make my to-read list a little more interesting and varied, each of the five books must fall under a certain category:
For the Story Must Go On… – Books part of a series.
A Touch of Tendre – Romance novels.
Young at Heart – Young adult novel.
Not Your Sister’s Book – Adult novel that a six-year-old wouldn’t touch
Market Fresh – Recently released or soon to be released book.
- For the Story Must Go On… – Perfect Fifths by by Megan McCafferty. I love the Jessica Darling series, and I never got around to reading the last one.
- A Touch of Tendre – On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
- Young at Heart – Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve. I started this book in December but never got a chance to finish when I had to give back the copy I was borrowing. I’m looking forward to continuing the tale of Hester!
- Not Your Sister’s Book – The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. Leftover from last week.
- Market Fresh – Rose Sees Red by Cecil Castellucci
Okay, so lately I haven’t even been able to keep up with five books a week. Mostly, I’ve been succeeding with three, but I’ve been really hopeful. I’ll probably tone it down to an ambitious three books a week when school comes back in late August. But for now, I’ll keep up with this fantasy and pretend I really can read this much in a week!
I wasn’t able to buy or borrow anything else this week, unless you count free ebook classics from B&N. That’s it from me this week, other than a quick remind about the contest I am hosting:
Some great sounding books. Hope you enjoy them all!
Hope you enjoying The Gargoyle! I was rather disturbed-but-enthralled by the book – which is always a lovely combination.
The Gargoyle was AWESOME! I have that book displayed on my shelf I loved it so much. Been seeing Rose Sees Red everywhere. Can’t wait to see some actual reviews!