My Top 10 Favorite Books of 2011:
These are all my favorites that I’ve read in 2011 in no particular order.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – I read this one all the way back in January and I cannot stop talking about it. It was one of the first books I picked up in 2011 and I’ve been pushing it to others ever since.
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick – One of my biggest regrets this year is not getting an autographed copy of Wonderstruck or even The Invention of Hugo Cabret when I attended Selznick’s Books of Wonder event a few months ago. He is such a talented author and illustrator and a fantastic storyteller. I can’t get over how wonderful his books are.
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young – There’s a heck of a lot of dystopians out there and most of them just didn’t cut it for me. Blood Red Road is a major exception. Fantastic world-building and a kick-butt heroine. What more could I ask for?
- Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan – I haven’t read this one in years and I was so glad I got the chance to pick it up again. It was definitely just as good as I remembered it to be.
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing A Rake by Sarah MacLean- I am now a total fangirl for Sarah MacLean. This is one romance novel that I won’t be ashamed to be caught reading. It’s that good. I can’t believe how giggly I got over reading it.
- A Spy in the House by YS Lee – Hands down one my favorite historical series. There is just too much James & Mary goodness. And Victorian girl spies!!! Do I need to say more?!
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead – Oh my god, this is my favorite paranormal series EVER. After reading this series, there is little point for me to pick up another vampire novel. This is one of the few series that definitely requires a reread from me!
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty – It started out a bit weird, but eventually I fell in love with Bumped. The author of Jessica Darling can do no wrong!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – There are a lot of angel books out there. But none of those angel books can ever match up to this one.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – This is – gasp! – an adult book … but it does have cross-over appeal. I was awestruck by Morgenstern’s phenomenal writing style and rich detailed prose. Couldn’t get enough.
The only one here I have on my list is Last Sacrifice. But I have Blood Red Road, The Night Circus and Daughter of Smoke and Bone all on my TBR list. Great picks!
My Top 10 of 2011
I hope you get to them soon! They really are worth all the hype.
I love all of Richelle Mead’s books. I really need to read The Night Circus and Daughter of Smoke and Bone, because I have heard nothing but good things about them!
My Top 10
Oh Anna is so so good! I totally share your point of view!!
And OMG Vampire Academy is my favourite serie EVER as well! I totally loved Rose Hathaway and I really miss a character like her around!
Yeah I can’t believe I waited so long to read the series. So glad I finally got to them.
Ah yes yes LOVE ANNA! Good choice
I need to get my hands on WONDERSTRUCK. I read HUGO and liked it, but really want to try that one. Excellent list!
Yay, we share some of the same titles on our lists! I remain super grateful for your gushing over A Spy in the House because I don’t know that I would have picked it up on my own. Life would be a little more meaningless without James and Mary.
yay for Anna and Blood Red Road! I haven’t finished The Night Circus which I’m currently reading. I totally love the writing! I can’t wait for Celia and Marco to be together.
DeaTeen Readers’ Diary
The Night Circus is great and made my list too!
XOXO Angela’s Anxious Life
Great list of mostly books I still haven’t read yet. You are correct. No angel books can measure up to the Daughter of Smoke & Bones.
Amy @ http://www.bookgoonie.com