Happy Fourth of July! Since I’ve got the long weekend ahead of me, I thought it would be helpful for myself to list down the books I plan to read this weekend. I have a combination of ARCs and non-review books that I want to get to in the month of July.
I’m planning to start reviewing in full force in mid-July and early August at PostScript’d, which means for me scheduling a review every Monday. So keep an eye out for your latest YA reviews over there.
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – I need a break from sugary contemporary novels. Dangerous Girls usually isn’t my cup of tea but I’m willing to try it out.
- A Really Awesome Mess by Trish Cook and Brendan Halpin – When I requested this book off NetGalley, I was in the mood for contemporary. I thought I would just give this book a shot.
- The Boy on the Bridge by Natalie Staniford – I saw The Boy on the Bridge at BEA, but I didn’t have a chance to snag it. Luckily, I was able to get it on NetGalley.
- The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer – I have The House of the Scorpion‘s sequel, The Lord of Opium, on my TBR pile. It’s basically been 10-ish years since I’ve read this book so I need to refresh my memory before I pick up the sequel.
- Anatomy of a Single Girl by Daria Snadowsky – I received this book from the author for review. My sister’s read her other book and enjoyed it, so I think this will be a nice summer read for me to pick up.
I hate to pile up a ton of books for the month of July, but here are a couple of others that I think I might read:
- The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty – This series needs a reread.
- The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer – I’m hoping that once I finish The House of the Scorpion, I’ll want to jump on this book straight away.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater – one of my review books that needs to be picked up soon!
- Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky – I also received this for review. I hate that I’m reading things out of order, but I’ve been told that they can be read as standalones. I’ll get to this one when I can.
I’m so behind on my GoodReads Challenge. I don’t think there’s hope for me to catch up in July… But we’ll see!
The boy on the bridge looks fantastic! I might have to check that one out.
– Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf