I just got home yesterday after being away for around ten days. As much as I love to be sleeping in my own bed again, I really wish I could just stay away forever. It’s back to reality, and I’m stuck doing work again.
Overall, the trip was very much enjoyable despite the eleven-hour car ride there and back. I don’t know how I manage to sit still for so long in one position without going crazy. It was unbearably hot down in South Carolina but I got used to it after a day or two. It was nice to not have to worry about any deadlines or work and to just sit back and hear the ocean. We were lucky to be blessed with nice weather the whole time we were there. Despite my lucky ability to burn easily, I still managed to get a tan without being burnt to a crisp. I was using SPF 50 the whole time I was there and I find this a miracle.
Unfortunately, the end of my vacation also means the end to summer. I’ll be going back to school tomorrow which means the end of my freedom and back to the long stressful days. I’ll be seeing my friends more often, but I’m really not looking forward to this year at all. I just hope I survive.
Things I Accomplished This Summer:
– Saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince even before the midnight showing!
– Met Tom Felton a.k.a. Draco Malfoy
– Saw Boyd Holbrook’s Harlan at PPOW
– Went to New York City for no good reason but to explore
– Did something productive for once: Global Ambassadors Program
Things I Wished I Had Time To Do:
– All-day movie marathon
– Go see a Broadway show with my brother
– Go see FuerzaBruta with my sister
– Have the “annual” end-of-summer sleepover
Summer’s over, but I’m still determined to get my list finished before the end of the year.