THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Raven Cycle, #1
Publication Date: September 18th 2012 by Scholastic Press
Rating: – Exceeds Expectations |
Book Summary: “There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”
It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.
Five Reasons Why You Need to Read the Raven Boys:
- I’m a minor character in this book. That’s right. Maggie Stiefvater named a very minor character after me. You can find me on page 37 of the ARC version.
- Epic quest mixed with a combination of the supernatural and mythology. It is a combination that I’ve never encountered before, and it is definitely unlike her other books.
- The characters are so real. Beyond the awesome mythology that will suck you in, Maggie has crafted such realistic characters with depth.
- Jaw-dropping revelations will leave you craving for more.
- It’s the newest book from Maggie Stiefvater. The writing is beautiful as usual and you won’t be disappointed.
Full review to come in September!