I did so well in the month of July. I read more than I anticipated. Instead of six books, I read eleven. I’m barely making a dent in my reading challenge. I’m still about nine books behind, but at least I caught up by two books (eleven behind, last month).
August means it’s the last month before school starts… which means I really need to get a move on my ARCs so I don’t have to bring them to school with me.
I’ve already reread some books this month, but these are the ones I plan on reading as well.
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama – I’ve had this ARC for a while now. It’s time for me to finally read it before release date!
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil – I posted about the scary synopsis of this book a few months ago on my Facebook page. I’m glad I was able to pick up an ARC of this book. Hopefully it won’t be too creepy.
- The Blessed by Tonya Hurley – Another BEA book. It’s not releasing until September, but I want to read it now so I don’t have to bring it with me to school.
- Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard – It’s Austen in August at The Book Rat! I’ve had this on my shelves for a while now. Good time as ever to pick it up.
- We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han – I might as well, right? I know I have a love/hate relationship with Belly, but I borrowed it from the library. Might as well make use of it.
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – I can’t remember the last time I read an epic fantasy. It’s about time, I think.
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquirel – I loved the movie, and I can’t believe I haven’t read the book yet. This is the book I’m reading next.