I am no longer accepting review requests for Muggle-Born.
I am willing to read young adult and romance. My favorite genres for young adult and romance are historical and contemporary. I am open to other genres on a case-by-case basis.
Depending on my workload, reading can take up to 4-6 weeks. Reviews will be written one to three days after completion of book. Since my reviews will be honest, I cannot guarantee a positive review all the time. On GoodReads, I have an average of 3.41 for 293 ratings.
My rating system follows a bell curve (kind of). Most books will fall under the rating of three stars (Acceptable). It is rare to get a rating of five stars and even more rare to get a rating of one star.
– O for Outstanding: This is for a book I will gladly read over and over again.
– Exceeds Expectations: While this book is not my new favorite, it is a book highly recommended.
– Acceptable: Enjoyable but nothing to rave about.
– Poor: Did not particularly enjoy and I would not recommend.
– Dreadful: I can’t believe I picked this up in the first place.
In addition to the Star System, I may also give a book a badge. Not all reviews will receive a badge. Badges are given to books with exceptional qualities from the author’s writing style to the romance and action of the plot.
– Action Packed: Explosions, fight scenes, etc; the books that kept me on my toes.
– Borrow It: Books worth reading but not really worth owning
– Hahaha Funny: Laugh out loud comedy.
– Heart-Warmer: Books that leave a fuzzy feeling.
– Keeps You Guessing: Books that kept me guessing until the very end.
– Makes You Think: Books that go beyond telling a story; books that make me think about political, social, or economic problems in society.
– Masterful World-Building: For books that suck you into a whole new world.
– Must Buy: Books worth buying to add to your personal collection
– Page-Turner: I couldn’t put down these books.
– Poetic Prose: Authors with beautiful writing styles.
– Romantic Read: Great romance means great chemistry, banter, an epic love story, or all of the above.
– Tear-Jerker: For books that got me more than just teary but almost full out sobbing.