I’m feeling a little frustrated with the books I’m reading lately and I decided to re-prioritize what I’m reading for the upcoming year.
- Read less books under the paranormal genre. There’s too much of them, and it’s rare that I find a gem. And if I do, I usually never enjoy the sequels. I took out most of the ones on my TBR with the exception of Sookie Stackhouse, Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, and a few others.
- Read more classics. Mostly because I want to read all those free downloads I have on my Nook and because there are some awesome ones that I did download.
- Read more YA historical fiction. There are bounds to be lots of good ones – not necessarily recent. I am determined to find a new favorite.
- Read older books. I find that I am reading a lot of recent titles lately. There are a lot of unloved books out there and I’m going to dig them up.
- Borrow from the library. I live two blocks away from a NYPL. Why haven’t I already borrowed a book from the library?